Windows XP : Kill samba session in Win XP

Tonight, when I trying to access Samba share drive from Win XP in my office, i got error the username or password is invalid. WTH. Because of this error , i definitely cannot access to the Share Drive.I know this error occured because of old session still connecting to to that Samba Share Drive with wrong username or password. So i start google how to view all session for this connection in Win XP.






And this is how I solved this issue:






First, view current session







# net use













and then, kill that session to allow Win XP ask you a new username and password.





# net use <samba_mount_point> /delete






And now, you can access to share drive with new user.






Before this, when I setup Samba for filesharing in my house, I always want to know how to view and kill session in Win XP but always forgot to find the solution, and tonight, I got it.






"practise without knowledge is stupid"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HP-UX : Server Model and Processor Details.

HP-UX : Hardware Path